develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from February 2016

[perl #120600] Variable length lookbehind is not variable

From:
l.mai@web.de via RT
Date:
February 22, 2016 22:26
Subject:
[perl #120600] Variable length lookbehind is not variable
Message ID:
rt-4.0.18-21845-1456180002-1195.120600-15-0@perl.org
On Thu Nov 21 16:37:48 2013, demerphq wrote:
> FWIW, I am not super happy with this implementation. We should have a
> flag for all forms of recursion, and use that to decide if we need to
> allocate the "recursed" bitmap. As is we create it for every branch,
> which is bad. I expected RExC_seen_recursed to be useful for this, but
> it stubbornly wasnt, and I didnt have time to dig further.
>
> It fixes the bug however, and if someone doesnt get to it first I will
> try to improve it over the weekend.

This ticket is listed in perl5200delta. Is there still work to be done or can it be closed?

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open