develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from February 2016

[perl #114576] check if %hash 500x times slower than if keys %hash

From:
l.mai@web.de via RT
Date:
February 22, 2016 22:13
Subject:
[perl #114576] check if %hash 500x times slower than if keys %hash
Message ID:
rt-4.0.18-21845-1456179230-964.114576-15-0@perl.org
On Fri Jun 14 02:42:11 2013, nicholas wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 07:19:51PM -0700, James E Keenan via RT wrote:

> > > increasing

> > > And I have a patch somewhere (i forget the branch name right now)
> > > which
> > > rips out hv-fill entirely.
> > >
> > > It also is waiting on the code thaw.
> > >
> > > Yves
> > >

> > Nicholas, Yves:  Can you take a look at the patches you referred to
> > above?
>
> I've merged mine to blead, but after the previous monthly release.
> Before
> thinking further I'd like to see what happens once it's in a monthly
> release
> available to the CPANTesters.
>
> I believe that Yves was waiting for a CPAN smoke run before proceeding
> further.
> This hasn't happened yet. I thought that it's waiting on hardware
> replacement,
> for the machine it's due to run on, but I might be wrong.

What's the status of this ticket? It's listed in perl5200delta.

Can it be closed?

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open