develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from January 2016

Re: MSWin32 blead smoker dead? (x86/1 cpu) {blead}

From:
Dave Mitchell
Date:
January 6, 2016 12:58
Re: MSWin32 blead smoker dead? (x86/1 cpu) {blead}
Message ID:
20160106125821.GF4007@iabyn.com
On Tue, Dec 29, 2015 at 07:40:30PM -0500, George Greer wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Dec 2015, Dave Mitchell wrote:
>
> >Hi George,
> >your win32 blead smoker doesn't appear to have done anything since Nov 28th:
>
> I turned it off back then to do some host maintenance that I ended up not
> having time to do then turned the VM back on before traveling but the guest
> clock was way in the past so email servers rejected the reports. So with the
> clock fixed the smoke-me smoker is back running.
>
> The blead smoker hung on a test at the moment and normally I'd kill the hung
> test to let it continue but I want to look at that File::Path test that
> fails only under the smoke environment first.  First order of business is a
> way to manually run that one test under the smoke environment so I can get a
> better testing turnaround.

Having just checked today, I think that:

of the blead smokers, the mswin32 still hasn't smoked anything since 28
Nov. I haven't checked the linux ones since I'm not sure which ones are
supposed to be enabled.

Of the smoke-me smokers, the win32 is running, but several of the linux
ones seem stuck or disabled:

 smoke-me_clang/
    status updated today, although I thought this was disabled

 smoke-me_clang_quick/
    status updated today, although I thought this was disabled

 smoke-me_clang_quick_sanitize=address/
    status not updated since 25 dec

 smoke-me_clang_quick_sanitize=undefined/
    no activity since 2015-06?

 smoke-me_clang_sanitize=address/
    no activity since 2015-07?

 smoke-me_g++/
    status not updated since 20 dec

 smoke-me_g++_quick/
    working ok

--
"I do not resent criticism, even when, for the sake of emphasis,
it parts for the time with reality".