Re: [perl #127060] remove deprecated *glob{FILEHANDLE}

From:
Aristotle Pagaltzis
Date:
December 31, 2015 15:22
Re: [perl #127060] remove deprecated *glob{FILEHANDLE}
Message ID:
20151231152234.GA68720@plasmasturm.org
* Abigail <abigail@abigail.be> [2015-12-28 23:05]:
> There's also a fourth option:
>
>   4)  drop the warning, and leave it working.

    4b) but document it as discouraged

> If it was intended to be deprecated almost 20 years ago, and was
> deprecated for more than 14 years, then what's the point?

It’s probably one of these things that fell merely under “we don’t like
this”, and happened before discouraged-vs-deprecated was distinguished.

> I think having something deprecated for a long time, but all what's
> being done is having a deprecation warning is bad for perl.

Yeah.

Regards,