Re: [perl #127063] Setting $[ = 0 should not generate a warning

From:
Leon Timmermans
Date:
December 29, 2015 20:48
Re: [perl #127063] Setting $[ = 0 should not generate a warning
Message ID:
CAHhgV8h7snO83S7GTZD6rOdYUSE9sHTuDy_8mjbe+BD74QYcYA@mail.gmail.com
On Tue, Dec 29, 2015 at 1:33 AM, Zefram <zefram@fysh.org> wrote:

> The only purpose of assigning to $[ in Perl 5 is if the code is actually
> Perl 4 code, and needs to remain runnable on Perl 4.

Actually, I think a2p can still output $[ = 1, and that may have been the
biggest use-case for a long time. I don't think anyone is really using a2p
any more though.

Leon