From:
Aristotle Pagaltzis
Date:
December 24, 2015 07:44
20151224074352.GA89260@plasmasturm.org
* Ricardo Signes <perl.p5p@rjbs.manxome.org> [2015-12-22 01:15]:
> CON3: Putting this in Exporter could lead to subtle prereq action at
> a distance.
>
> I'm going to put CON3 aside. If that's the only objection left, in the
> end, it's not enough for me.

Well that is a disappointment.

It is of course a disappointment in that breaking CPAN absolutely should
qualify as enough of a contra, all by itself.

But even more disappointing is that this is the extent of treatment by
the pumpking to which the stability of CPAN rises: one single sentence
with no mention of the subject substance.

And that is despite the fact that a proposal is in fact on the table, so
it need not even be considered a contra unless you want to brush it off
to move on.

Indeed we swiftly proceed to the part in the program where we bikeshed
the API details.

Which is of course your strength, so I do not begrudge your indulgence.
Moreover that you have good taste in API design was half the reason
I was glad to see you at the helm when the job was up for grabs, given
my hope that the terrible design disaster that was 5.10.0 never be
repeated.

But I would like to see some growth in weaker areas that the pumpking
position plays a critical role in, too.

* Chad Granum <exodist7@gmail.com> [2015-12-22 17:30]:
> *Note: This is how it is handled in the latest patch I submitted, which
> also adds Exporter::ImportSpecs to turn the feature on, I can remove
> Exporter::ImportSpecs and make it always-on if we decide to go that way
> (which rjbs post implies to me that we will)

I sure hope you don’t.

Regards,