From:
Aristotle Pagaltzis
Date:
December 19, 2015 00:27
20151219002737.GB6998@plasmasturm.org
* David Golden <xdg@xdg.me> [2015-12-19 00:00]:
> It may in practice make things worse – growing dependencies – as
> people may be more open to depending on a newer version of a core
> module than they would be about depending on Sub::Exporter or other
> CPAN module.

I think this is the only count on which adding this to Exporter is *not*
a no-brainer. And I don’t think you made the problem quite clear enough,
so allow me to copyedit you:

    It may in practice make things worse [for users] – growing
    dependencies – as [authors/maintainers] may be more open to
    depending on a newer version of a core module than they would
    be about depending on Sub::Exporter or other CPAN module.

In fact, even just declaring the fact that a module relies on a version
of Exporter new enough to have this feature will probably be an ongoing
source of bug tickets.

Otherwise I’m with Kent.

Regards,