[perl #126706] `make test` fails on OS X El Capitan

From:
Tony Cook via RT
Date:
December 16, 2015 05:37
Subject:
[perl #126706] `make test` fails on OS X El Capitan
Message ID:
rt-4.0.18-27760-1450244249-1650.126706-15-0@perl.org
On Mon Nov 23 10:18:47 2015, craig.a.berry@gmail.com wrote:
> I've done numerous builds of blead and maint-5.22 on El Capitan
> without any problems,

I see the error with a -Duseshrplib build:

TESTFILE=harness DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/Users/tony/dev/perl/git/perl ./runtests choose
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.23.6/darwin-thread-multi-2level/CORE/libperl.dylib
  Referenced from: /Users/tony/dev/perl/git/perl/t/./perl
  Reason: image not found
./runtests: line 70: 34725 Trace/BPT trap: 5       ./perl $TESTFILE $TEST_ARGS $TEST_FILES < /dev/tty
make: *** [test_harness] Error 133

> but then I've never had DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH in my
> environment.  Can you explain why you need it in yours?

Configure, hints/darwin.sh and Makefile.SH conspire together to set it on darwin.

It's needed for -Duseshrplib builds, which isn't the default on Darwin, but it useful for mod_perl and other embedded perls.

The attached fixes the most immediate errors, but many more tests continue to fail due to this and they'll need to be tracked down individually if we want to support this.

Tony

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open