[perl #126849] Wide character in subroutine entry, DB_File

From:
Tony Cook via RT
Date:
December 16, 2015 01:02
Subject:
[perl #126849] Wide character in subroutine entry, DB_File
Message ID:
rt-4.0.18-29934-1450227735-30.126849-15-0@perl.org
On Thu Dec 10 15:27:33 2015, paul.marquess@ntlworld.com wrote:
> Hey Tony/Slaven - thanks for dealing with this for me. Only just seen
> it.
>
> Just looking at the DB_File/BerkeleyDB docs I notice that I haven't
> actually mentioned the DBM_Filter module at all. Should also mention
> UTF8 in the the DB_File/BerkeleyDB docs as it is a reasonably common
> use-case.
>
> I see there are  new tickets against the modules themselves for this
> issue, so that means I won't forget to do the update.

The only core issue (since DB_File and BerkeleyDB are CPAN upstream) that
I see is that DBM_Filter claims:

                                                          In addition
to the *DB*_File modules distributed with Perl, the BerkeleyDB module,
available on CPAN, supports the DBM Filter hooks.

but when I tested the code from my sample calling Filter_Key_Push
against the BerkeleyDB $db object the method wasn't available.

Is BerkeleyDB meant to support DBM_Filter?

Tony

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open