Re: RFC: what to do about bitwise string operators (related to [perl#63574])

From:
Father Chrysostomos
Date:
December 15, 2015 05:34
Re: RFC: what to do about bitwise string operators (related to [perl#63574])
Message ID:
20151215053400.18270.qmail@lists-nntp.develooper.com
Ricardo Signes wrote:
> Evantually fatal as:
>
>   Strings with code points over 0xFF may not be used as arguments to %s
>   operator
>
> So warning as:
>
>   Use of strings with code points over 0xFF as arguments to %s operator is
>   deprecated
>
> Matches the warning on opening ref to string with wide characters.  I don't
> think "bit_xor operator" is so bad, in the case that we can't just get & or |
> etc.

Your wording is better than mine, but instead of "%s operator", we can
just do "%s" with PL_op_desc, as I noted in my other message.