develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from November 2015

Something wrong with AIX test in DEBUG mode perhaps

From:
aixtools
Date:
November 4, 2015 13:01
Subject:
Something wrong with AIX test in DEBUG mode perhaps
Message ID:
563A01B3.7030706@gmail.com
This is a result that has been appearing for over a year. I ahd been
hoping it would go away the same way it appeared - surprise surprise!

But this seems to need some help - so I need your help to get a bit deeper.

I ran a single configuration - which always fails - SMOKE results
via:http://perl5.test-smoke.org/report/40597
Note: when DEBUGGING is not active, the test succeeds!

Here are the results when run locally (after SMOKE finished)
michael@lp03:[/data/smoker/perl-michael/t]./perl -I../lib re/pat_thr.t
ok 686 - \98 works with 98 buffers 'aa'=~/...\98/
ok 687 - \98 works with 98 buffers 'aba'=~/...b\98/
Segmentation fault(coredump)

michael@lp03:[/data/smoker/perl-michael/t]./perl -I../lib TEST re/pat_thr.t
t/re/pat_thr ... FAILED--expected 776 tests, saw 687
Failed 1 test out of 1, 0.00% okay.
         re/pat_thr.t
### Since not all tests were successful, you may want to run some of

So I guess test 688 is core-dumping. How to dig deeper?

Michael