Re: For 5.24: suggested incompatible changes

From:
Steffen Mueller
Date:
June 30, 2015 09:29
Re: For 5.24: suggested incompatible changes
Message ID:
5592617E.7020904@cpan.org
On 06/27/2015 01:38 PM, Zefram wrote:
> Reini Urban wrote:
>> * @_ will be empty in a function with signature
>
> This shouldn't be tied to signature syntax.  We discussed this back
> when initially adding signatures.  We should certainly add features
> for direct access to arguments, which signatures should use, and for
> concomitant suppression of @_, but signatures should not be the only
> way to get direct access, nor should signatures imply @_ suppression.

That was your opinion then, and of course validly so. But the paragraph
above reads like it was consensus. It was not.

Best regards,
Steffen