[perl #125503] Removal of Test::Warnings not documented.

From:
Tony Cook via RT
Date:
June 28, 2015 23:50
Subject:
[perl #125503] Removal of Test::Warnings not documented.
Message ID:
rt-4.0.18-27664-1435535425-1270.125503-15-0@perl.org
On Sun Jun 28 11:46:20 2015, zarniwhoop@ntlworld.com wrote:
> With 5.20.2 I was able to run the tests for List::AllUtils without
> any problem.  Converesely, when I used packages which required
> Module::Build I got a warning that that was deprecated and would
> be removed.
>
> But with 5.22.0 Test::Warnings has fallen out of the core and I
> am unexpectedly having to add several modules to get all the
> tests in each to pass.
>
> Perlbug tells me that Module::Warnings is not a core module, so
> I assume this change is deliberate - it would have been nice to
> see it documented.

Test::Warnings wasn't part of core perl in 5.20.2:

 tony$ git grep Test::Warnings v5.20.2
 tony$

I assume "Module::Warnings" is a typo, since I don't see it on
CPAN or in 5.20.0.

List::AllUtils correctly declares a dependency on Test::Warnings,
so you're either installing manually (in which case you should be
following the dependencies manually) or the cpan* tool you're
using isn't following the dependencies correctly, which you
should report to its author.

Closing this ticket.

Tony

---