perl debugger stepping XS code? (embed gdb?)

From:
bulk88
Date:
June 28, 2015 05:16
Subject:
perl debugger stepping XS code? (embed gdb?)
Message ID:
20150628051612.10692.qmail@lists-nntp.develooper.com
Will the Perl debugger ever be able to step into an XSUB, or set a
breakpoint in an XSUB? This means Perl debugger API would sometimes be a
wrapper around the OS C debugger. Related to
https://rt.perl.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=125296

Otherwise I am going to remove code which allocates and initializes
various data structures that are provisions for the Perl debugger to
debug the insides of XSUBs. This will save hash lookups and memory. I
could also comment out the code as a hint to someone in the future if
they want to try such a thing.