HAS_GETADDRINFO and HAS_GETNAMEINFO undefined in config_H.vc

From:
A. Sinan Unur
Date:
June 26, 2015 12:52
Subject:
HAS_GETADDRINFO and HAS_GETNAMEINFO undefined in config_H.vc
Message ID:
CABbccAMPbfBVmumdF1JbkYukL5nLF+e5eb17D1vGsua+Ozk3wQ@mail.gmail.com
While diagnosing a test failure in lib::filter (see
<https://github.com/perlancar/perl-lib-filter/issues/4>), I realized
that

HAS_GETADDRINFO
HAS_GETNAMEINFO

are not defined in config_H.vc even though they have been in Windows
since XP (see <https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms738520%28v=vs.85%29.aspx>).

Just to check, I defined them, and rebuilt my 64-bit perl 5.22.0 using
Visual Studio 2013, and everything seemed OK, including Socket.pm
tests passing. I haven't had a chance to get into the nitty-gritty,
yet.

I am wondering if there is a specific reason other than the fact that
they were not supported at one time, they were not updated along the
way, that these are undefined.

My attempt at gathering more info before bugging P5P failed:

https://www.reddit.com/r/perl/comments/3b4t1q/why_is_configd_getaddrinfo_undef_on_windows/

-- Sinan