Re: about commit "make Encode compile under -pedantic"

From:
Dave Mitchell
Date:
June 25, 2015 08:12
Re: about commit "make Encode compile under -pedantic"
Message ID:
20150625081208.GM15983@iabyn.com
On Wed, Jun 24, 2015 at 03:26:11PM -0400, bulk88 wrote:
> compiler_info sub looks poorly written, and compiler_info will execute
> multiple times and recompute/analyze the CC setup each time, that compiler
> info should be stored in a global after the first time it is executed.

compiler_info() was written to be as minimally invasive as possible, since
I was monkey-patching a CPAN distribution. Thus, it just followed the
existing behaviour as far as possible, of checking various Config
settings repeatedly at various points in the code, but abstracted out into
a sub for consistency and better documentation.

The overhead of calling that function during perl's build and test is
currently about 0.004% of total CPU usage.

My patch has already been merged upstream. If you feel you can improve
upon it, by all means feel free to submit your own patch upstream.

--
Monto Blanco... scorchio!