DAVEM TPF grant#2 report #84, #85

From:
Dave Mitchell
Date:
June 23, 2015 12:46
Subject:
DAVEM TPF grant#2 report #84, #85
Message ID:
20150623124620.GD15986@iabyn.com
(this report covers two weeks)

I spent most of the last two weeks continuing to work on a general
overhaul of perl's context stack system - i.e. all the PUSHBLOCK/PUSHSUB
and return arg processing stuff.

The first part of this work has now been merged back into blead with
v5.22.0-168-g9558026.

This series of commits reduces the object size of of pp_return() to about
a quarter of what it was previously, as most of its work is now done by
tail calling the appropriate pp_leaveFOO() function.

I've also made the deprecated /\C/ character class into a compile error,
and reduce some compiler warnings under -pedantic.

2015/06/08
     0:58 process p5p mailbox
     6:02 #124156: death during unwinding causes crash

2015/06/09
     7:12 #124156: death during unwinding causes crash

2015/06/10
     4:59 #124156: death during unwinding causes crash

2015/06/11
     2:50 #124156: death during unwinding causes crash

2015/06/12
     0:29 process p5p mailbox
     1:15 #124156: death during unwinding causes crash

# ----

2015/06/18
     1:00 process p5p mailbox

2015/06/19
     0:10 process p5p mailbox
     0:48 #124156: death during unwinding causes crash
     1:11 make /\C/ an error
     2:52 silence compiler warnings

SUMMARY:
     23:06 #124156: death during unwinding causes crash
      1:11 make /\C/ an error
      2:37 process p5p mailbox
      2:52 silence compiler warnings
    ------
     29:46 TOTAL (HH::MM)

--
I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.