[perl #125393] printf Decimal Format Quits Working Near 2**63

From:
Tony Cook via RT
Date:
June 22, 2015 05:33
Subject:
[perl #125393] printf Decimal Format Quits Working Near 2**63
Message ID:
rt-4.0.18-22576-1434951187-206.125393-15-0@perl.org
On Wed Jun 17 16:51:39 2015, steve.siano@yahoo.com wrote:
> On Sun Jun 14 22:24:42 2015, steve.siano@yahoo.com wrote:
> > As luck would have it, right at the point in the online documentation
> > (perldoc -f sprintf) where size is discussed, I get
> >
> > POD ERRORS
> >        Hey! The above document had some coding errors, which are
> > explained below:
> >
> > Around line 1:
> >     =over without closing =back

Which version of perl did you run this on?

> > But at http://perldoc.perl.org/ the size is discussed as you show
> > below.
> >
> > Steve
>
> Hi Tony,
>
> Should we close this ticket and open a new one for perldoc issue?
>
> Also, should we close the related ticket (for binary instead of
> decimal format):

I'll close both tickets.  If the documentation issue is in 5.20, 5.22 or blead, please open a new ticket for the documentation issue, though both 5.20 and 5.22 looked ok to me.

Tony

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open