Re: Question/suggestion on perlfunc.pod example

From:
Eirik Berg Hanssen
Date:
June 19, 2015 18:46
Re: Question/suggestion on perlfunc.pod example
Message ID:
CAHAeAG5=5hJ2_JaJ8zcv=pvWLPe=QiRRHaJjwagpMfthFXBMPw@mail.gmail.com
On Fri, Jun 19, 2015 at 8:05 PM, Eric Brine <ikegami@adaelis.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 8, 2015 at 6:25 AM, Aristotle Pagaltzis <pagaltzis@gmx.de>
> wrote:
>
>> * Eric Brine <ikegami@adaelis.com> [2015-06-08 00:40]:
>> > The code used to fail on false just like require, but you changed it
>> > so now it just fails on undefined. Why? This seems error-prone to me.
>>
>> What is error-prone about not failing on a value that cannot come from
>> a failure?
>>

> Not warning when it's known that "1;" isn't present is error-prone because
> changes to unrelated code could suddenly cause the do to start failing.

 Couldn't changes to unrelated code suddenly cause the do to start failing
whether or not it is known if the "1;" is there?

Eirik