Re: Question/suggestion on perlfunc.pod example

From:
Eric Brine
Date:
June 19, 2015 18:05
Re: Question/suggestion on perlfunc.pod example
Message ID:
CALJW-qE0Oy8ZwpUOWN21a6c_nXkFrVkVvGgCYCNQeFvoaPH5Ng@mail.gmail.com
On Mon, Jun 8, 2015 at 6:25 AM, Aristotle Pagaltzis <pagaltzis@gmx.de>
wrote:

> * Eric Brine <ikegami@adaelis.com> [2015-06-08 00:40]:
> > The code used to fail on false just like require, but you changed it
> > so now it just fails on undefined. Why? This seems error-prone to me.
>
> What is error-prone about not failing on a value that cannot come from
> a failure?

Not warning when it's known that "1;" isn't present is error-prone because
changes to unrelated code could suddenly cause the do to start failing.