Re: Question/suggestion on perlfunc.pod example

From:
Eric Brine
Date:
June 7, 2015 22:37
Re: Question/suggestion on perlfunc.pod example
Message ID:
CALJW-qEfR1e3So5ZHyRHM9A8-No90FaX=0RWPXGzu3iWHaKL0w@mail.gmail.com
On Sun, Jun 7, 2015 at 6:56 AM, Aristotle Pagaltzis <pagaltzis@gmx.de>
wrote:

> * Eric Brine <ikegami@adaelis.com> [2015-06-07 09:10]:
> > Why do recommend making do-evaluated files return defined instead
> > of true like require-evaluated files?
>
> I am not recommending anything, merely making a statement of fact:
> only undef is ambiguous.

Well, I don't know what you call "Manual error checking can be done this
way" if not a suggestion. But whatever you want to call it, the code used
to fail on false just like require, but you changed it so now it just fails
on undefined. Why? This seems error-prone to me.