Re: [perl #125223] Errno.pm defines no constants with gcc-5.1.0

From:
ilmari
Date:
May 20, 2015 15:40
Re: [perl #125223] Errno.pm defines no constants with gcc-5.1.0
Message ID:
d8jbnhfdzqp.fsf@dalvik.ping.uio.no
Shea Levy (via RT) <perlbug-followup@perl.org> writes:

> When built with gcc-5.1.0, Errno.pm doesn't define any errno
> constants. I believe this is because cc -E now outputs line breaks
> where it didn't before (see
> http://www.openldap.org/its/index.cgi/Build?id=8056;page=1 for the
> source of this guess). The attached patch fixes it for me, but I'm
> guessing it's not very portable.

This was already reported as
https://rt.perl.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=123784 and fixed in blead.

This might be a candidate for backporting to 5.20.

--
- Twitter seems more influential [than blogs] in the 'gets reported in
  the mainstream press' sense at least.               - Matt McLeod