perl 5.22.0 blockers, May 8

From:
Ricardo Signes
Date:
May 9, 2015 02:03
Subject:
perl 5.22.0 blockers, May 8
Message ID:
20150509020344.GA8113@cancer.codesimply.com
blead is now 5.22.0-RC0!  Exciting!  Why can't we just release it??

Well, apart from all the paperwork, we have six blocker bugs.  At least four of
them need work beyond "just apply stuff":

* EUMM and Win64

  We have a few options, including: (1) apply a patch from bulk88 (2) upgrade
  to dev EUMM (3) downgrade to older EUMM.  There's also, in theory, (4) get
  input from mohawk, who wrote these changes.  We haven't heard from him
  lately, though.

  Right now, #1 looks most likely.

* freaky deaky assertions error from fuzzing

  Dave M. has suggested fixing this with a change in semantics, which needs to
  be thought about.

* blead breaks DBR/App-assh-1.1.2.tar.gz

  Zefram thinks downstream (clkao for invoker, not DBR) needs to fix.  No
  response yet from clkao.  In the interim, what would be useful is an
  assessment of whether invoker (or App-assh) are relying on things they ought
  not to.

* blead breaks TYPESTER/NgxQueue-0.02.tar.gz

  No test report, no details.  Total guess: XS author relying on implementation
  details.

* Tests spew unreferenced scalar warnings

  nobody but FC seems able to produce this, so... not likely to really block
  release

* death during unwinding causes crash

  patch currently smoking

--