Re: (perlio uses undocumented libc structs) Re: FILE structureinternals issue building blead on WindowswithVisualStudio 2015 RC

From:
Leon Timmermans
Date:
May 6, 2015 07:18
Re: (perlio uses undocumented libc structs) Re: FILE structureinternals issue building blead on WindowswithVisualStudio 2015 RC
Message ID:
CAHhgV8hOZ+STyMR8E2=Qct88RpWN__2UnTroZrPjvqxYBuL1AQ@mail.gmail.com
On Tue, May 5, 2015 at 12:17 PM, bulk88 <bulk88@hotmail.com> wrote:

> So a FILE * is now a C++ object (probably based on the above if my C++
> knowledge is good enough), hence it is opaque. Now what? file a MS bug
> report? Or is perl going to require a C++ shim .o file and #include
> non-public corecrt_internal_stdio.h to access those members?

This sort of thing happened on the UNIX side before, I don't think they're
breaking anything that ought not to be broken, we are just being naughty.
It does mean :stdio's readline becomes unbearably slow.

Leon