Re: FILE structure internals issue building blead on Windows withVisual Studio 2015 RC

From:
A. Sinan Unur
Date:
May 4, 2015 11:36
Re: FILE structure internals issue building blead on Windows withVisual Studio 2015 RC
Message ID:
CABbccAPJ0Kqk5ypy1VmNuPvtzit1UqPewYiFBjmzAb-pNOqadw@mail.gmail.com
On Sun, May 3, 2015 at 10:10 PM, bulk 88 <bulk88@hotmail.com> wrote:

>> Date: Sat, 2 May 2015 20:54:19 -0400
>> Subject: FILE structure internals issue building blead on Windows with Visual Studio 2015 RC
>> From: nanis@cpan.org
>> To: perl5-porters@perl.org
>>
>> I have been trying to build blead with Visual Studio 2015 RC. I have
>> been able to deal with a few minor issues, but I hit one where I am
>> not sure about the right way to proceed. I haven't opened an issue on
>> RT yet ... This message is an attempt to collect some information so
>> as to be able to compose a useful report.
>>
>> The build stops fails with the following errors:
>>
>> ..\perlio.c(3206): error C2039: '_file': is not a member of '_iobuf'
>> C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows
>> Kits\10\include\10.0.10056.0\ucrt\corecrt_wstdio.h(26): note: see
>> declaration of '_iobuf'

<snip>

> please supply the perlio.i as in "nmake perlio.i"

Unfortunately, `nmake perlio.i` results in:

NMAKE : fatal error U1073: don't know how to make 'perlio.i'
Stop.

Assuming you want the pre-processed output from perlio.c, I ran:

D:\Src\perl\win32> cl -P -nologo -GF -W3 -I..\lib\CORE -I.\include -I.
-I.. -DWIN32 -D_CONSOLE -DNO_STRICT -DWIN64 -DCONSERVATIVE
-D_CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE -D_CRT_NONSTDC_NO_DEPRECATE -DPERLDLL
-DPERL_CORE   -O1 -Os -MT -Zi -DNDEBUG -GL -fp:precise -favor:INTEL64
-DPERL_EXTERNAL_GLOB -DPERL_IS_MINIPERL ..\perlio.c

which is based on the compilation command used by the make file.

The output file was about 2MB, about 180K compressed, so I decided
against attaching it. You can download it from:

http://www.nu42.com/tmp/perlio.i.bz2

If you'd rather I email to you privately, please let me know.

Thank you,

-- Sinan