Re: [perl #124428] bless $x, undef to unbless

From:
Ed Avis
Date:
May 1, 2015 07:24
Re: [perl #124428] bless $x, undef to unbless
Message ID:
loom.20150501T092105-139@post.gmane.org
C<bless $x, undef> produces two warnings if used.  It is not documented in
perlfunc (the single-arg case is, but not an explicit undef).  To me, that
suggests that the current behaviour is an implementation accident rather than
a settled part of the language.

The consensus seems to have converged on adding 'unbless' for other reasons,
which is fine by me.

If you think that C<bless $x, undef> is truly part of the language and
should stay with its current semantics, I suggest documenting it in perlfunc
and removing the two warnings which it currently produces.

--
Ed Avis <eda@waniasset.com>