develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from March 2015

Re: [Encode] 2.71 released!

From:
Steve Hay
Date:
March 12, 2015 00:56
Re: [Encode] 2.71 released!
Message ID:
CADED=K7HJu9zpcT0EWYx3=nwQjMd0O8EyEfEN001bd96sjMnYw@mail.gmail.com
On 12 March 2015 at 00:50, Steve Hay <steve.m.hay@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 12 March 2015 at 00:19, Dan Kogai <dankogai@dan.co.jp> wrote:
>> Porters,
>>
>> Just $Encode::VERSION++’ed. The biggest difference is encoding.pm, which is in sync w/ bleadperl.
>>

> Thanks for this. I'm just trying it out now, but in the course of
> updating I've noticed that the encoding.t change from
>
> http://perl5.git.perl.org/perl.git/commit/5eef447b12283016e9c57a31362edb829884a7ed
>
> was undone by
>
> http://perl5.git.perl.org/perl.git/commit/2e0c081329a0b25faea3ba31f4016998ec65285c
>
> presumably in error(?).
>
> If so then it would be nice to have those tests reinstated in a future
> Encode release, but I won't go putting it out of sync again now just
> for that.

Actually, would it be possible to have a new release soonish in order
to bump the $VERSION of encoding.pm? The version just released in 2.71
contains an additional change
(https://github.com/dankogai/p5-encode/pull/38) over what has already
been released in perl-5.21.9, thus causing core's
porting/cmp_version.t to fail :-(