develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from March 2015

Re: OP_SIGNATURE

From:
Zefram
Date:
March 7, 2015 15:23
Re: OP_SIGNATURE
Message ID:
20150307152308.GY8710@fysh.org
Matthew Horsfall (alh) wrote:
>If we do go the route of optimisations-on-CPAN only though;

Just to be clear, I'm not advocating that new optimisations should
*only* be available as CPAN modules.  I'm relaxed about migration of
optimisations between the core and CPAN.  New core optimisations can
usefully go on CPAN to be applied to older cores, and CPAN modules can
also act as testbeds for optimisations to later be adopted into core.

>we'd also want to run all of the tests in the Perl distribution with
>these modules loaded.

Agreed.

-zefram