develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from March 2015

Re: OP_SIGNATURE

From:
Jan Dubois
Date:
March 4, 2015 20:12
Re: OP_SIGNATURE
Message ID:
CAD-TLz8V8EKP5mmH0b9zL_pPFnS57XObOTP+e7qqktRo=m8gtQ@mail.gmail.com
On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 12:49 PM, Dave Mitchell <davem@iabyn.com> wrote:
> Since this is an internal implementation detail change to an experimental
> feature, I'm hoping that it will be non-controversial to merge it into
> bleed once it passes smoking.

I'm hoping too that this will be considered non-controversial. The "it
hasn't been proven that it is theoretically impossible to implement
this differently with similar performance" argument sounds really
unreasonable to me. By that bar virtually none of the changes that
have been made to perl after the initial release would have been
allowed.

I would consider this *the* most important change in Perl 5.22, if it
can still make it in.

Cheers,
-Jan