develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from March 2015

Re: OP_SIGNATURE

From:
Dave Mitchell
Date:
March 3, 2015 21:30
Re: OP_SIGNATURE
Message ID:
20150303213037.GU28599@iabyn.com
On Tue, Mar 03, 2015 at 04:31:52PM -0000, Father Chrysostomos wrote:
> I think Zefram has a point.  If you were to create signature ops in
> the same way you create multideref ops, it would be a more general-
> purpose optimisation that would automatically speed up any similar
> code occurring in existing subs.  I would be all for implementing
> it that way.

See the end of my reply to Vincent.

--
"There's something wrong with our bloody ships today, Chatfield."
    -- Admiral Beatty at the Battle of Jutland, 31st May 1916.