[perl #116831] Benchmark tests produce a lot of warnings in 5.17.9

From:
James E Keenan via RT
Date:
February 27, 2015 20:01
Subject:
[perl #116831] Benchmark tests produce a lot of warnings in 5.17.9
Message ID:
rt-4.0.18-5949-1425067267-660.116831-15-0@perl.org
On Sun May 19 17:35:58 2013, jkeenan wrote:
> On Fri Mar 01 08:39:28 2013, davem wrote:
> > On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 09:53:03PM -0500, Ricardo Signes wrote:
> > > * demerphq <demerphq@gmail.com> [2013-02-24T00:53:55]
> > the
> > know
> > two
> > >
> > > I think if that's the case, we might want to improve the warning
> > message to
> > > make it clearer, rather than put the warnings on the standard output
> > stream.
> > >
> > > I also wonder whether some of the tests that are emitting these
> > warnings are
> > > emitting them with good reason.  That is: are they actually testing
> > timings
> > > badly?  I have not yet investigated.
> >

> > I've reverted the change for now with commit
> > a2656c4ab81b216a427d1e0db6a3aa25b4350ba8.
> >
> > Presumably we can re-address this issue post-5.18.
> >

> Now that we're post-5.18.0, can someone sum up where we stand with the
> issues discussed in this ticket?
>
> If the issues are unresolved, it would be good to know whether we should
> continue discussing them in this ticket, versus opening up a new ticket
> with a clean statement of the problems.
>
> Thank you very much.
> Jim Keenan

There has been no further substantive discussion in this RT in the past 21 months.  Any remaining concerns would be better handled in a fresh ticket.  Marking ticket resolved.

Thank you very much.

--
James E Keenan (jkeenan@cpan.org)

---