[perl #123814] grok_atou() for regexp quantifiers

From:
Hugo van der Sanden via RT
Date:
February 27, 2015 18:08
Subject:
[perl #123814] grok_atou() for regexp quantifiers
Message ID:
rt-4.0.18-5001-1425060522-696.123814-15-0@perl.org
On Thu Feb 19 08:44:25 2015, public@khwilliamson.com wrote:
> We should strive for a really good API before releasing it to the
> public.  At this late date, it seems advisable to restrict the use of
> this one to the core given there are complaints about it.

I tried restricting the new function:

-Apdn   |bool   |grok_atoUV     |NN const char* pv|NN UV* valptr|NULLOK const char** endptr
+EXpdn  |bool   |grok_atoUV     |NN const char* pv|NN UV* valptr|NULLOK const char** endptr

.. but ext/Dynaloader complains it can't see it. Should I simply be adding a #define PERL_EXT to that module? I had assumed all the core extensions would get that automatically, so I'm not sure what the ramifications are.

Hugo

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open