Re: [perl #123069] signature/attribute syntax is awful

From:
Zefram
Date:
February 25, 2015 11:44
Re: [perl #123069] signature/attribute syntax is awful
Message ID:
20150225114439.GP8710@fysh.org
Aristotle Pagaltzis wrote:
>I believe you are mistakenly deriving Ought from Is here.

No, I derived Is from Ought.  We've already got introspectable
caller-affecting metadata regarding parameters: the prototype.  No one
came up with a coherent scheme for signatures to affect callers, other
than those that amount to signatures implying a prototype, for which
purpose the prototype rather than the signature per se is the appropriate
introspectable.

-zefram