Re: HP-UX use64bitint archname

From:
Tony Cook
Date:
February 24, 2015 23:13
Re: HP-UX use64bitint archname
Message ID:
20150224231306.GC31058@mars.tony.develop-help.com
On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 09:33:15PM +0100, Gisle Aas wrote:
> We started building perl on HP-UX using the -Duse64bitint option and
> discovered that this caused it to have the same archname as the
> -Duse64bitall builds. This is confusing since they are not binary
> compatible builds.  Fixed by the attached patch.

This looks wrong to me.

It only handles -Duse64bitall on the Configure command-line, but not
when selected during a non -d option run.

I think you need the hints file to produce a use64bitall.cbu which
sets the archname64 appropriately after use64bitall is finalized, just
as hints/solaris_2.sh does.

Tony