Re: [perl #123069] signature/attribute syntax is awful

From:
Zefram
Date:
February 24, 2015 17:37
Re: [perl #123069] signature/attribute syntax is awful
Message ID:
20150224173726.GO8710@fysh.org
Leon Timmermans wrote:
>No, to me it's an end-weight issue. I want the most important things
>furthest to the left,

That's not what end weighting means.  See
<http://users.utu.fi/micnel/endweight.htm> for accurate explanation of
end weighting.

>                      and to me *as a human reader* the signature is almost
>always more important than the attributies.

I don't have a position on which is more important.

>Making it easier for the end-user to read the code is far more important
>than implementation details that most users wont even think about.

That the signature is part of the body is not an implementation detail,
it is fundamental to the definition of signatures.

-zefram