Re: [perl #123616] Weed out needless PERL_UNUSED_ARG

From:
Dave Mitchell
Date:
February 24, 2015 14:56
Re: [perl #123616] Weed out needless PERL_UNUSED_ARG
Message ID:
20150224145602.GH28599@iabyn.com
On Sat, Jan 17, 2015 at 09:00:57AM -0800, Jasmine Ngan wrote:
> # New Ticket Created by  Jasmine Ngan
>

> Hi there,
>
> This is my first time contributing a patch so I'm looking for a little
> guidance. As suggested by the subject and with assistance from Hugo at
> the London Perl Hackday, I've weeded out some obvious PERL_UNUSED_ARG
> statements inside static functions as requested in the Perl 5 todo.pod
> file.

Thanks, all applied as commit d3db151. Sorry for the delay, your ticket
got bogged down with other stuff and got forgotten :-(.

> The remaining PERL_UNUSED_ARG statements appear to be for variables that
> are (1) contained in non-static functions, (2) conditionally used
> depending on pre-processor macros  or (3) placeholders so that the
> static function prototypes match particular function pointers.

That's probably as much as can be done for now.

> I'm not sure if this task is completed yet so I haven't removed the item
> from todo.pm yet. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

I think this is more of a continuous task. Perhaps we should just note in
todo.pod the last time it was done and suggest that it gets revisited
every year or so?

--
"Foul and greedy Dwarf - you have eaten the last candle."
    -- "Hordes of the Things", BBC Radio.