Re: 5.21.9 not building for me on Ubuntu

From:
H.Merijn Brand
Date:
February 21, 2015 08:26
Re: 5.21.9 not building for me on Ubuntu
Message ID:
20150221092627.703d8fe3@pc09.procura.nl
On Sat, 21 Feb 2015 18:51:08 +1100, <sisyphus1@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 5.21.9 is failing for me fairly early on as per attached 'make.out' (which
> is the full outptut I got when I re-ran make after it failed).
>
> Configure command was:
>
> $ sh
> Configure -des -Duse64bitint -Duse64bitall -Dusethreads -Dusequadmath -Dusedevel
>  -Dprefix=/home/sisyphus/bleadperl

Also sounds like usequadmath should be in Config::Perl::V's signature

Am I correct that a quadmath build is binary incomatible?

> No problems with the same incantation, same machine, perl-5.21.7.
>
> Cheers,
> Rob

using perl5.00307 .. 5.21   porting perl5 on HP-UX, AIX, and openSUSE