[perl #123775] Args to 'system' not evaluated before forking, making $$ wrong

From:
Chris Wagner via RT
Date:
February 18, 2015 09:11
Subject:
[perl #123775] Args to 'system' not evaluated before forking, making $$ wrong
Message ID:
rt-4.0.18-24508-1424199421-1847.123775-15-0@perl.org
On Tue Feb 17 08:28:33 2015, LeonT wrote:
> I'm not completely sure I understand. Are you saying my second patch
> isn't working on Windows?

What I was mainly talking about was the Windows command prompt.  Apostrophe quoting doesn't work.  It must be quotation marks.  Nothing to do with the t file test case.

Tony indicated that system() does not use the fork() mechanism on Windows.  So that might need a completely seperate patch.  Or it could be unaffected.

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open