Re: [perl #123841] On Windows, some tests hang possibly due to race condition

From:
A. Sinan Unur
Date:
February 16, 2015 13:32
Re: [perl #123841] On Windows, some tests hang possibly due to race condition
Message ID:
CABbccAOhbtHONoz3fpfSYK27Y=-E5Pv+u66H1v8CHsabgkU=Dw@mail.gmail.com
Since this report, I tried several more builds of blead, 5.20.1, and
5.20.2 under various conditions.

I now believe the problem was most likely caused by ConEmu, or at
least something that happens when the build process was run in a
ConEmu window (for your reference:
<https://code.google.com/p/conemu-maximus5/>).

Every `nmake test` for each version I was trying ran to completion
when started from a plain cmd.exe window instead of being run in a tab
in ConEmu.

I do not want to speculate too much without concrete evidence: I do
not know if this is a bug in ConEmu being exposed by the build
process, or a bug in `perl` being exposed by ConEmu ;-)

I will update this report if I can figure out anything else.

Thank you.

-- Sinan