Re: [perl #123775] Args to 'system' not evaluated before forking,making $$ wrong

From:
Karl Williamson
Date:
February 14, 2015 00:32
Re: [perl #123775] Args to 'system' not evaluated before forking,making $$ wrong
Message ID:
54DE978A.8080504@khwilliamson.com
On 02/13/2015 05:15 PM, Leon Timmermans wrote:
> Perl's source consistently uses a convention of tabstop=8 and
> soft-tabstop=4, which is like "indent 4 spaces, but replace every 8
> spaces with a tab". I'm quite sure space- and tab-lovers alike are not
> particularly fond of this mixed use whitespace, but it's a bit late to
> change that for the entire codebase. I had actually paid attention to be
> consistent (the testfile doesn't have a modeline).

That is out-of-date.  All new code should use spaces exclusively.