[perl #123398] Segmentation failed on calling method of undef with use warnings FATAL => 'all'

From:
l.mai@web.de via RT
Date:
February 12, 2015 12:55
Subject:
[perl #123398] Segmentation failed on calling method of undef with use warnings FATAL => 'all'
Message ID:
rt-4.0.18-8682-1423745724-1257.123398-15-0@perl.org
On Wed Dec 10 08:47:43 2014, sprout wrote:

> Either we need to check for a fatal warning and disable it temporarily
> (in die_unwind), or when turning the warning into an error first make
> check that !(PL_in_eval & EVAL_KEEPERR) (in the warnings code itself).

I've attached a patch to do the latter. Comments?

And how can I write a test for this that fails nicely? Some ulimit hackery?

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open