Pull request for ANDK/CPAN-2.09-TRIAL.tar.gz

From:
Andreas Koenig
Date:
February 8, 2015 13:03
Subject:
Pull request for ANDK/CPAN-2.09-TRIAL.tar.gz
Message ID:
87r3u0k12j.fsf@k85.linux.bogus
Dears,

a week ago I bumped the version to 2.09: ANDK/CPAN-2.09-TRIAL.tar.gz

The tarball has the "-TRIAL" in the name but the cpantesters have >250
passes and one (probably irrelevant) fail, so I expect this will become
a stable release. Seems like a good moment to integrate into blead.

Matrix: http://matrix.cpantesters.org/?dist=CPAN+2.09-TRIAL

There are two new files in the package:

  Please include this one: lib/CPAN/Plugin.pm

  Please do not include this one: lib/CPAN/Plugin/Specfile.pm, its only a
  proof-of-concept.

From the copious items that I find in the Changes files, we probably
only want a subsample, right? That might be

	* add support for Cwd::getdcwd and introduce workaround for a
	misbehaviour seen on Strawberry perl 5.20.1 (Andreas Koenig)

	* fixes chdir after building dependencies bug github #79 and #80 (David
	Schweikert)

	* introduces experimental support for plugins/hooks (#apw2014 in
	Salzburg; Andreas Koenig, Branislav Zahradnik)

	* integrates the App::Cpan sources taken over from brian with lots of
	cleanup from him, so that they have less chance to digress (brian d foy)

	* do not check recursion on optional dependencies (Andreas Koenig)

	* address rt.cpan.org #95271: sanity check META.yml to contain a hash
	(Alexandr Ciornii, Andreas Koenig)

Alternatively, just:

        * upgrade CPAN.pm from 2.05 to 2.09

Let me know if there is anything suspicious or something interesting
missing.

Thanks,
--
andreas