Re: FYI: surprising issue with debian on powerppc - no 64-bitpointers ??!

From:
Michael Felt
Date:
February 7, 2015 14:38
Re: FYI: surprising issue with debian on powerppc - no 64-bitpointers ??!
Message ID:
CANvxniUSa2=oEkOMxXu4+ZcUcTutWkFowpfezqZASgR9FU6b_g@mail.gmail.com
FYI:
root@x066:/data/smoker/perl-blead# gcc -o ptr ptr.c
root@x066:/data/smoker/perl-blead# ./ptr
size of Char Pointer is: 4 bytes
size of Void Pointer is: 4 bytes

root@x066:/data/smoker/perl-blead# cat ptr.c
#include <stdio.h>
main()
{
        char *cptr;
        void *vptr;

        printf("size of Char Pointer is: %d bytes\n", sizeof(cptr));
        printf("size of Void Pointer is: %d bytes\n", sizeof(vptr));
}

I shall check with "debian"