[Encode] 2.70 released!

From:
Dan Kogai
Date:
February 5, 2015 11:17
Subject:
[Encode] 2.70 released!
Message ID:
D89EC9CB-ECEF-4CB9-8304-8DEB07740966@dan.co.jp
Porters,

Just $Encode::VERSION++’ed. The biggest difference is the introduction of bin/encguess, which is a CLI interface to Encode::Guess, by Michael LaGrasta.

I was tempted to add its functionality to piconv at first but these two are pretty different in terms not only what they do but also how they do it.  piconv is already a complex program with many switches — some of which somewhat conflict with encguess while encguess does just one thing.  So I left piconv untouched.

=head1 Availability

git clone git://github.com/dankogai/p5-encode.git
http://www.dan.co.jp/~dankogai/cpan/Encode-2.70.tar.gz
and CPAN near you.

Travis is all green:
https://travis-ci.org/dankogai/p5-encode

=head1 CPAN index

 User: DANKOGAI ()
 Distribution file: Encode-2.70.tar.gz
 Number of files: 210
 *.pm files: 26
 README: Encode-2.70/README
 META-File: Encode-2.70/META.json
 META-Parser: Parse::CPAN::Meta 1.4404
 META-driven index: no
 Timestamp of file: Thu Feb  5 10:56:52 2015 UTC
 Time of this run: Thu Feb  5 10:59:21 2015 UTC

=head1 Changes

$Revision: 2.70 $ $Date: 2015/02/05 10:53:00 $
! Makefile.PL
  add bin/encguess to EXE_FILES

2.69 2015/02/05 10:35:11
! bin/encguess
  Refactored so that
  * does not depend on non-core module (File::Slurp in particular)
  * PODified document
  * -s "encA encB" to -s encA,encB which is more shell-friendly
  * and more
! MANIFEST
+ bin/encguess
  Pulled: Added CLI wrapper for Encode::Guess
  https://github.com/dankogai/p5-encode/pull/32
! Unicode/Unicode.pm
  Pulled: Bump $VERSION in module changed since Encode-2.60
  https://github.com/dankogai/p5-encode/pull/31

=head1 AUTHOR

Dan the Encode Maintainer