Re: RFC: "use re 'strict'"

From:
Ricardo Signes
Date:
February 4, 2015 04:15
Re: RFC: "use re 'strict'"
Message ID:
20150204041536.GA21990@cancer.codesimply.com
* Karl Williamson <public@khwilliamson.com> [2014-09-05T13:42:11]
> I propose that we document this feature as being extensible so that we may,
> from time to time, add new strictures to those currently implemented without
> fear of breaking backwards compatibility.  That is, we may make things
> stricter in future releases to catch more errors that we don't do now, and
> if your code no longer compiles in that release, you'll have to change it
> rather than we back out the stricter strictures.  I'd rather not, but if
> that means marking this as an experiment, so be it.

After the discussion about warnings.pm and (elsewhere) strict.pm, I wonder if
the next phase of this shouldn't be re::strict, which can have a 'default'
group as well as individual subcategories.

  use re::strict;
  use re::strict 'longhex';
  use re::strict qw(default smileys);

I don't suggest that you must do anything to change it right now, as it's
marked experimental and we can change it in the future without fear.

--
rjbs