Re: [perl #123698] 5.20 threaded regression: boolean.pm -truth optionbreaks string literals in closures

From:
David Golden
Date:
February 1, 2015 14:27
Re: [perl #123698] 5.20 threaded regression: boolean.pm -truth optionbreaks string literals in closures
Message ID:
CAOeq1c9_MZJWt+ebbsJy-KVTx5RqAoFjEkbkiXSxmqk21J5o0g@mail.gmail.com
On Sat, Jan 31, 2015 at 5:12 PM, Father Chrysostomos via RT <
perlbug-followup@perl.org> wrote:

> I tried rigging the latest bleadperl locally to allow PL_sv_yes and
> PL_sv_no to be modified, and your example script worked.  Is it worth
> pursuing this to see when the problem emerged and when it disappeared?

That's good to hear.

I'm just a hedge-wizard, so I defer to the archmages as to whether this is
strange enough to warrant further investigation or if it can be closed.

To Jim's point about boolean 0.44, that version includes my recent patches
to deprecate '-truth' and remove tests for it.  Actually trying to use
'-truth' (as the example script in the ticket does) is now fatal on newer
Perls.

So replicating this for further investigation requires an older perl or
boolean 0.43.

David

--
David Golden <dagolden@cpan.org> Twitter/IRC: @xdg