develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from January 2015

[perl #123616] Weed out needless PERL_UNUSED_ARG

From:
Jasmine Ngan
Date:
January 17, 2015 18:30
Subject:
[perl #123616] Weed out needless PERL_UNUSED_ARG
Message ID:
rt-4.0.18-14424-1421514057-738.123616-75-0@perl.org
# New Ticket Created by  Jasmine Ngan
# Please include the string:  [perl #123616]

Hi there,

This is my first time contributing a patch so I'm looking for a little guidance. As suggested by the subject and with assistance from Hugo at the London Perl Hackday, I've weeded out some obvious PERL_UNUSED_ARG statements inside static functions as requested in the Perl 5 todo.pod file.

The remaining PERL_UNUSED_ARG statements appear to be for variables that are (1) contained in non-static functions, (2) conditionally used depending on pre-processor macros  or (3) placeholders so that the static function prototypes match particular function pointers.

I'm not sure if this task is completed yet so I haven't removed the item from todo.pm yet. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Kind regards,
Jasmine Ngan