develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from January 2015

code freeze Re: CUSTOMIZED entries in Porting/Maintainers.pl needingattention

From:
bulk88
Date:
January 7, 2015 00:45
code freeze Re: CUSTOMIZED entries in Porting/Maintainers.pl needingattention
Message ID:
BLU436-SMTP5708B3FB9DC829D83D6D03DF460@phx.gbl
James E Keenan wrote:

> bulk88's question about t/Porting/customized.t prompted me to read about
> CUSTOMIZED entries in Maintainers.pl.  The following entries may warrant
> attention:
>
> Author/maintainers have not responded to shay's Aug 2013 request
> (https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=87788) for synch with blead.
>
> Thank you very much.
> Jim Keenan

There are currently 10 entries in Maintainers.pl. I also have patches on
CPAN RT/github for practically every XS module in /cpan right now. So in
relation to the upcoming code freeze this month, what is the deadline
for all the cpan maintainers to publish new versions and for them to
ship with 5.22?

  2015-01-20 5.21.8 Contentious changes freeze
  2015-02-20 5.21.9 User-visible changes freeze
  2015-03-20 5.21.10 Full code freeze
  2015-05-20 5.22.0 Stable release!