develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from December 2014

Re: Is the warning fatalization mechanism in fact safe (specificaly FATAL => 'ununitialized')

From:
Father Chrysostomos
Date:
December 27, 2014 20:14
Re: Is the warning fatalization mechanism in fact safe (specificaly FATAL => 'ununitialized')
Message ID:
20141227201452.11997.qmail@lists-nntp.develooper.com
Peter Rabbitson wrote:
> You seem to be rather well-versed in this area of perl. It would be
> *invaluable* if you could put together a list of all RTs (fixed and
> unfixed), pertaining to FATAL warnings.

This is what I found with a quick search:

RT tickets pertaining to fatal warnings:

Fixed:

#3897   FATAL warnings not actually dying
#122966 suppressed syntax errors
#120977 use warnings "FATAL";

Partially fixed:

#123195 wrong syntax errors

Not fixed:

#123398 in DESTROY
#121834 'once' warnings
#96332  exec warnings and system
#111344 something about I/O layers
#118767 something about qx

Commits that had no RT tickets:

f2c2a6ab6 some fatalities getting skipped
5e0ced9c7 Doc warning about the risk of FATAL warnings
94ec3a201 unfatalisable warnings
ecabb0047 memory leak
057d0762a memory leek
d15d727a1 memory onion
ea5a229a6 memory garlic
7d12ff0f8 memory shallot
77381e151 memory chives
5fab01863 memory scallions
c2b36a6de memory I am running out of allia....
959345692 memory leak
b899e89d9 memory leak
2f43ddf1e panic/crash
c7bd8b847 memory leak
104c40b08 memory leak
2ad485472 -T not setting $!
31b139ba8 -l not recording the last stat
7b7309aff stat not recording stuff
ec9835802 warnings::fatal_enabled
bfd95973f DEBUG_LEAKING_SCALARS_ABORT