develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from December 2014

Perl 5.21.7 released

From:
Max Maischein
Date:
December 20, 2014 17:38
Subject:
Perl 5.21.7 released
Message ID:
5495B403.60705@corion.net
     "Zebadiah, Hilda and I salvaged and put everything into the basket.
      Hilda started to put it into our wardrobe-and it was heavy. So
      we looked. Packed as tight as when we left Oz. Six bananas-and
      everything else. Cross my heart. No, go look."
     "Hmmm- Jake, can you write equations for a picnic basket that
      refills itself? Will it go on doing so?"
     "Zeb, equations can be written to describe anything. The description
      would be simpler for a basket that replenishes itself indefinitely
      than for one that does it once and stops-I would have to describe
      the discontinuity."

     -- Robert A. Heinlein, The Number of the Beast

We are cheerful to announce version 5.21.7,
the eigth development release of version 21 of Perl 5.

You will soon be able to download Perl 5.21.7 from your
favorite CPAN mirror or find it at:

https://metacpan.org/release/[AUTHOR]/perl-5.21.7/

SHA1 digests for this release are:

01eec23728eb613c1111764dde10c80a1a7ca44c  perl-5.21.7.tar.bz2
94c74592f8744e317ef130d2b2f5c27e0f37abe6  perl-5.21.7.tar.gz
737429c8d78b3fa323f859afa77065a712e9222c  perl-5.21.7.tar.xz

You can find a full list of changes in the file "perldelta.pod" located
in the "pod" directory inside the release and on the web.

Perl 5.21.7 represents approximately 4 weeks of development since Perl
5.21.6 and contains approximately 97,000 lines of changes across 640
files from 30 authors.

Excluding auto-generated files, documentation and release tools, there
were approximately 26,000 lines of changes to 400 .pm, .t, .c and .h files.

Perl continues to flourish into its third decade thanks to a vibrant
community of users and developers. The following people are known to
have contributed the improvements that became Perl 5.21.7:

Aaron Crane, Aristotle Pagaltzis, Chad Granum, Chris 'BinGOs' Williams,
Craig A. Berry, Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker, Daniel Dragan, David Mitchell,
Eric Herman, Father Chrysostomos, H.Merijn Brand, Hugo van der Sanden,
James Raspass, Jarkko Hietaniemi, Jim Cromie, Karen Etheridge, Karl
Williamson, kmx, Lukas Mai, Matthew Horsfall, Max Maischein, Petr Písař,
Ricardo Signes, Shlomi Fish, Steffen Müller, Steve Hay, Sullivan Beck,
syber, Todd Rinaldo, Tony Cook.

The list above is almost certainly incomplete as it is automatically
generated from version control history. In particular, it does not
include the names of the (very much appreciated) contributors who
reported issues to the Perl bug tracker.

Many of the changes included in this version originated in the CPAN
modules included in Perl's core. We're grateful to the entire CPAN
community for helping Perl to flourish.

For a more complete list of all of Perl's historical contributors,
please see the F<AUTHORS> file in the Perl source distribution.

We expect to release version 5.21.8 on 2015-01-20.  The next major
stable release of Perl 5, version 22.0, should appear in May 2015.

With kind regards,
Max Maischein